Conveniently located at a strategic point northwest of Lake Kucukcekmce in the European side of Istanbul, Bahcesehir is a small area that sits nicely within the borders of Basaksehir and therefore a part of the Basaksehir Municipality.
Although we have previously covered the Basaksehir area of Istanbul, Bahcesehir is growing in popularity and has many amazing residential real estate projects accumulating in the area. Seeing the growing demand and interest in the area, we thought it deserved a post of its own 😉
About the Area of Bahcesehir
The land in Bahcesehir is already very popular for its greenery and nature to the extent that it is also known as ‘the garden city.’ Its spread of small green hills and valleys gives it a beautiful natural beauty. Actually, it even houses a modern water refining and purification facility that is to be used in the green areas of the region.
The popular Bahcesehir Golet Park is one of the biggest and beautiful among the others in the area.
Bahcesehir is also home to the largest lake in Turkey, the artificial lake extends over 300,000 square meters and is surrounded by a wide range of restaurants, cafés, clubs, and other social facilities.
Balancing out the greenery and nature are luxury modern shopping centers, housing most of the international and local brands, popular markets, as well as cafes, restaurants, and cinemas.
Transportation In Bahcesehir
The area of Bahcesehir is easily accessible from all parts of Istanbul through its modern transport facilities such as bus, minibus, tram, and railway connecting the European side of Istanbul with the city of Edirne and everywhere else you would like to be, as well as the new metro line that added great value to the region.
The People Of Bahcesehir
There seems to be a growing community of European Muslim expats that have moved to Bahcesehir from the Middle Eastern countries seeking a more affordable family-friendly life. They are living alongside many local Turks that seem to be the higher working class with cars and multiple properties. There is also a growing Arab community in the area.
It is apparent there’s a good amount of conservative families living in this area, however not so much so that you can say it was the majority conservative.
Bahcesehir has a wide network of social facilities, with a large number of secondary, preparatory, and primary schools, so, many families that move there have children of school age and seeking good quality and safe education in a clean, well-kept environment.
There are also good health centers, security centers, theaters, post offices, cultural centers, as well as shopping centers.
Why Buy In Bahcesehir
There are many reasons why investors are choosing to buy in Bahcesehir.
- It is only a 1 1/2 hr drive away from Fatih, which is the tourist center of Istanbul, and a 1hr drive to Istanbul’s new airport that allows access to over 350 global destinations within an average time of 3hours. This makes it suitable for tourists, Air BnBs, and convenient for families that have family and friends visit them often from abroad.
- Bahcesehir offers a beautiful and peaceful ‘out of the city’ more family environment despite being within good proximity to the main city and all central lines.
- The area conveniently sits aside the main E80 highway leading to all main cities. This is attracting many higher working-class families who want easy access to their place of work without experiencing the hustle and bustle of busy city life. Increasing long-term value of rental income.
- The area is in a close position to the newly planned Istanbul Canal, which guarantees good returns and increased property value.
- First-time and budget buyers find the price per square meter more affordable.
- Bahcesehir has a vast portfolio of properties suitable for all budgets, there are modern build key ready budget homes with affordable long-term payment plans to luxury apartments and villas with all the high-end finishings. All sit on lifestyle residence complexes with communal landscaped gardens and shared facilities such as swimming pools, gyms, and saunas.
Are you interested in buying property in Bahcesehir? Feel free to browse our listings in the area, or give us a call or Whatsapp us on +90 552 313 74 83 with your lifestyle preferences and budget so that we are able to guide and help you answer any questions or concerns you may have.